What Sure Cavity does:
- The adhered fabric blocks mortar or stucco from filling the drainage channels and acts as a bug screen at terminations
- It has superior appearance on thin veneers vs. furring strips due to less ridging, cracking, and waviness
- It saves installation time (half the time of furring strips and backer board)
- High impact polystyrene ensures durability, rigidity, and longevity
- Vertical channels promote rapid drainage. Sure Cavity (and Gravity Cavity) are the only “True” channel drainage plane (drainage mat) products on the market today
- Perforations allow cross-ventilation for better drying
- Compartmentalized channels promote pressure equalization
- It prevents bridging
- Exceeds ASTM E-2273
- UV Tested – Over 9 Weeks
How to install Sure Cavity*
- Position Sure Cavity™ with the spunbond fabric facing to weather with 4″ fabric skirt wrapped back under bottom on first course.
- 4″ spunbond fabric skirt should overlap the top of the lower course of Sure Cavity™. Only the fabric overlaps the course below (the top of the lower corrugated polystyrene sheet abuts the bottom of the upper corrugated polystyrene sheet).
- WRB, Sure Cavity™ and metal lath to extend down over top of foundation wall a minimum of 2″.
- View Installation Video for Thin Veneers