Signature Gator Seal for Natural Stone zero gloss, water based sealer with color enhancer is made of silicone based polymers. This sealer penetrates deep into the natural stones, thus reducing the oil and dirt penetration, as well as protecting them from the corrosion of de-icing salt.
- Color enhancer
- Non film-former
- Easier to clean and maintain
- Works at above 32ºF (0°C)
- Zero gloss
- Corrosion from de-icing salt
- Ultraviolet rays effects
- Motor oil and grease stains
Application and Installation:
For Natural Stones:
- Always test the product on a small hidden area of approximately 4 sq. ft. (0.4 sq. m.) to ensure the results will meet your expectations.
- Remove all the stains from the natural stones, using Gator Clean products. Use Gator Clean Sealer Stripper to remove any unknown coating that remains on the natural stone surface.
- Remove all contaminated jointing material and replace with Gator Polymeric Sand. Follow the instructions on the back of the bags for proper sand installation.
- Wait at least 48 hours at a minimum temperature of 40°F (4°C) and no rain for the Gator Polymeric Sand to properly harden.
- Clean the entire surface with the Gator Efflorescence Cleaner. This product will remove the efflorescence trapped in the natural stone pores as well as thoroughly clean the surface for proper sealer adhesion.
- Wait at least 48 hours at a minimum temperature of 40°F (4°C) and no rain so the sand & natural stone surface are dry.
- Dry surface for 24-72 hrs prior to apply sealer. Apply one (1) coat of Signature Series Natural Stone Sealer using a sprayer (HVLP), nap roller (5-10 mm), squeegee, sponge or rag. Apply in 60 sq. ft. (5.6 sq. m.) sections at a time. Use a foam roller or squeegee to remove excess sealer from the surface. Allow remaining sealer to penetrate 5-10 minutes. Wipe and remove any excess sealer with clean, dry, lint-free cotton cloths. Repeat after 30 minutes if not well sealed (make the test with a drop of water).
- Signature Series Natural Stone Sealer is water repellant, rain safe, after 24 hours.
- Let the sealer dry for 8hrs for foot traffic (keep surface dry). Full cure after 72 hrs.
- Natural stones should only be sealed 60 days after their installation date. Consult natural stone manufacturer’s for their recommendation.
- Natural stones and jointing sand MUST be 100% dry.
- Temperature should be between 40°F (4°C) and 85°F (29°C) when sealer is applied.
- Natural stone surface must be cool to the touch when sealer is applied (between 40°F (4°C) and 85°F (29°C)).
- First clean natural stones with Gator Clean products. Remove all oil, grease and rust stains.
- Use Gator Efflorescence Cleaner to remove any trapped efflorescence. It also thoroughly cleans the surface to ensure a proper sealer adhesion.
- Use just one (1) layer of sealer.
- When using Signature Series Natural Stone Sealer, assure yourself at least 48 hours of dry conditions prior to applying the sealer.
- Specifically formulated to be used on unsealed surfaces only. Cannot be used as a resealer.
- Wear protective gloves, eye protection and respiratory protection.
- Always keep surfaces dry and clean to reduce slip-fall accidents. This sealer is not anti-slip. Precautions should be taken around pools and showers.
- Do not let it dry (white film or slippery residue may form). If not wiped dry after 5-10 minutes, residue may form. Do not pressure-wash. Not resistant from acids or caustic chemicals. Do not dilute. Not for food handling surfaces. Not for glazed tile or non-porous surfaces. Apply between 70-85°F. Dry residue after a long period may be removed by adding more sealer or mechanically.
Coating Category: Waterproofing Concrete/Masonry Sealers. VOC Concentration Limits:
|Granite||400-600 sq. ft. per gallon|
|Travertine||500-700 sq. ft. per gallon|
|Limestone||300-500 sq. ft. per gallon|
|Sandstone||200-400 sq. ft. per gallon|
|Bluestone||200-400 sq. ft. per gallon|
*Coverages are approximate and will vary based on stone porosity, joint width and other factors.
|PRODUCTS||RETAIL SIZE||PER BOX||PER PALLET|
|Signature Series Natural Stone||3.78 L. (1 U.S. gal.)||4 units||24 boxes|
|Signature Series Natural Stone||18.9 L. (5 U.S. gal.)||0 units||48 pails|
Before applying the product, the user/buyer must determine its suitability for intended use and user/buyer assumes all risks in that regard. It is a condition of the Limited Warranty that before using the product on the intended larger area, the user/buyer must first test the product on a small less observed area of approximately 4 sq. ft. (0.4 sq. m.) to ensure results meet user/buyer’s expectations. In the event that no test is carried out, the Limited Warranty will only apply to 4 sq. ft. (0.4 sq. m.). ALLIANCE DESIGNER PRODUCTS INC. cannot guarantee results as it has no control over surface preparation and product application.
If this product is proven to be defective, on the condition that it was applied pursuant to the required method of application and surface preparation, the sole obligation ALLIANCE DESIGNER PRODUCTS INC. is to refund the purchase price. Proof of purchase is required for any claim. ALLIANCE DESIGNER PRODUCTS INC. shall not be liable for any other damages whatsoever, direct or consequential. To the extent permitted by law, ALLIANCE DESIGNER PRODUCTS INC. excludes any implied warranty of quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose. The container must at all times be stored at above 32°F (0°C) and away from direct sun to receive the benefit under the Limited Warranty.