At our outdoor and landscaping supply store, we believe that natural stone custom fabrication is what makes your design truly personalized. It allows you to enhance your outdoor living design with much more freedom. To get an idea of what our masonry experts can accomplish, keep reading:
- Customized cuts allow you to create curved patios, radius steps or have an outside kitchen counter custom built.
- Edges can be straight, of course, by why stop there? You might want to have them eased, bull-nosed or chamfered to give your outdoor kitchen or other projects a unique look.
- Finish Treatments gives your stone different surfaces based on your needs, from a smooth, satin countertop to a slip-resistant walking surface and everything in between.
At Old Station Supply we offer you the convenience of natural stone custom fabrication to your precise & specific needs so you can create your own unique:
- Radius Swimming Pool
- Curved Steps
- Custom Spas
- Fire Pits
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Patio Medallions
- Wall Caps
- and much more
While most companies take 3-4 weeks or more, we offer much faster turn-around. Most orders are completed within 7-10 days and even on the next day, in some cases.
We provide a wide range natural stone options including Granite, Bluestone, Travertine and many others in different sizes and thickness.
And if you are planning a DIY and need some masonry supplies, be sure to check out our inventory.
- Core drilling bits ¾”, 1″, 1½”, 2″, 2½”, 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″ or 8″
- Cutouts, miter cuts and notches
- Radius cuts and corners
- Dedication benches: 1″, 1½”, 2″, 2½” font
- Mailbox: 3½” Times New Roman font
- Standard signs: 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″ font
- Compass rose: 12″, 18″, 24″, 28″, 36″ Diameter
- Custom engraving also available
Thermaled – The Thermal finish is produced by applying a high-temperature torch to the surface of the stone leaving a rough-textured finish. Highly skid-resistant, this finish is an excellent choice for walking surfaces.
Honed – A smooth, satin surface without reflection, the Honed finish shows the full color of the stone. It is produced on the same equipment as a polished finish, however, the honing process ends prior to the buffing stage.
Polished (granites only) – The Polished finish is a highly reflective, mirror gloss finish. The full color, depth and crystal structure of the stone is visible. A polished finish seals surface pores and is therefore nearly impervious to chemical wear and weather.
A penciled edge resembles the end of a pencil eraser with a slight radius.
A chamfered edge is 45 ° cut into the edge of the stone. The deeper the cut, the wider the bevel face is.
This edge treatment is very common and offers a clean and simple look. Easing an edge offers a square flat face with the sharp edge on top rounded slightly. Sometimes, the eased edge is rounded enough to be called a quarter round edge.
Full or Half Bull-nose
The full bull-nose offers perhaps the most contemporary look. A side view of full bull-nose shows the shape of a half circle. The full bull-nose is gentle on the body and has no edges to chip. The half bull-nose edge can also be called the round-over because instead of being squared off, it is rounded over.
A Rock Faced edge finish is produced by striking the stone surface with a chisel leaving a rough natural edge finish.
The thermal finish is produced by applying a high-temperature torch to the surface of the stone leaving a rough-textured finish.