CLEAR PATH WINTER WIZARD™
Magnesium Chloride Treated Ice Melt
CLEAR PATH WINTER WIZARD replaces the now discontinued Blizzard Wizard with an improved magnesium chloride pre-wetted product that has proven effective for over two decades.
We’ve changed the color from brown to green and our green dye is a fully biodegradable dye that will stay long enough to show where product was applied, but quickly dissipate for clean and clear pathways and reduced staining potential.
We’ve replaced the molasses based binder system with a new EPA approved polymer that is used in fertilizer systems, but, we’ve kept the high performance of the concentrated (30%) liquid magnesium chloride encapsulation of each particle.
- Performance blend melts snow and ice down to -6°F
- 50 lb. heat sealed plastic bags packed 49/pallet
- 48”x40” 4 way entry pallets stretch wrapped with bottom slip sheet
- Attractive translucent packaging with bar coding that has excellent retail appeal
- Uniform particle size to facilitate easy flow in most spreaders
- Aggressive melting performance
- Encapsulated with liquid Magnesium for enhanced performance
- Developed and tested in New England to perform in severe winter weather
- Pre-wetted with magnesium chloride so it is less impactful to the environment
- Reduces potential damage to surface, vegetation, & turf
- Greater surface adherence
- Tinted with green color for application verification
- Made proudly in America
- Long-lasting residual effects
- Slow dilution
Our Clear Path Winter Wizard treated salt, also called encapsulated salt and “Magic Salt”, is formulated for tough New England winters to provide reliable high quality melting power through encapsulation of each particle of salt with our 30% liquid magnesium chloride. Normally, treated salt products have a challenge with liquid pre-wetting additives because the liquid activates the salt and that can make a messy finished product that can leak or bleed out some of the liquid when stored in a warmer storage areas, and/or become clumpy. Clear Path Winter Wizard starts with carefully screened salt which is then put through an extensive drying process using 170 degree ovens, then it is treated with liquid magnesium chloride and an EPA tested and certified (EPA WET 2021.0) non-toxic polymer binder to hold the liquid coating on each salt crystal and not allow it to activate until it gets supplemental moisture on contact with the snow.